Question

meteque

FICO score much lower than Transunion and Experian scores
Last month i discovered Creditkarma and Creditsesame. They both show pretty much similar scores (about 670). I got approved for the Barclays card which i received just after Christmas. My goal immediately became to get my score over 700 asap. Barclays has a feature that calculates your FICO. Much to my chagrin, my FICO score is only 603!
I understand that FICO is tied into Transunion so i requested a credit report from them to see whether there are some negative things on it that may not be reflected on my Creditkarma show. Well, everything looked okay. So, i called Transunion's dispute line and was told that i should get their official credit score for $ 7.99. I am not going to do this unless someone will give me a very good reason why i should

Does anyone else have such discrepancies between FICO score and individual scores? Did they discover what accounted for this big difference? Any suggestion is welcome.

I signed up for the Barclays card after i saw it recommended here and my chances to get this card was rated as good. So, i was surprised that i was turned down when i applied online. I immediately phoned Barclays about this and then i was approved swiftly without any problem for a $1300 line. The morale is if you get turned down for a card that you really wish to have, phone them to find out the reason and you may get their decision reversed immediately, as happened to me.

My second suggestion is to learn the details of a card you want to apply for. For instance, i will not apply for the NFL card because it is owned by Barclays and they will turn me down. I read many posts here from people who found themselves turned down by the NFL card and couldn't figure out why.

Fico vs credit Karma score

I too had a CK score of 683 and on CK's recommendation got the Barclaycard with a $1500 limit. Like you When I checked my FICO score I was shocked to see it at 594. This is totally confusing!!!

TC