Question

Jbowden1985

FICO Lowered after removing only late payment
Quick question. FICO was listed at 657. 1 of 645 payments reported as late, 30 days late; It was an issue with my auto pay. I had it removed and it is no longer showing on my credit report but my score went DOWN 57 points and I am now at a 600 after it was removed. It shows 645/645 payments and has a 100% history, what gives?

Nevermind. I was just able to find some interesting information. It is showing as a 'Closed' account now even though it is not. I just used it this past week so I know for a fact it is not closed. How do I go about resolving this now?

Regards,

Contact the lender and tell them that it is being reported incorrectly. If that doesn't fix the problem you can dispute it with the credit bureaus as it is being reported incorrectly, but be aware that if you do that the lender may just delete the account rather than correcting it and that would cause further harm to your scores. Be as nice as you can to the lender when you ask them to help you because they are not obligated in any way to continue to report this accout to the bureaus.