Question

Guli31

Federal student loans?
Credit Karma keeps telling my under recommendations that I should file for bankruptcy because I owe 25k. But 20k of it is to Federal Student Loans. I didn't think those could be part of a bankruptcy, can it?

NOPE

you can not discharge Student loans in Bankruptcy. 

Realize that CK uses an algoritium that only looks at the total debt and not the type of debt that you have when making it's recomendations.  Personally, I say take the recomendations on CK with a grain of salt.  Never take credit card offers or loans that are recomended here.  Those advertisers are the ones paying CK for those recomendations.  Use your head and take advice from humans that can take in your info and make realistic recomendations to you that make sense.

Good Luck