Question

Jdog121673

fcra requirements
30 days ago I sent a validation letter to enhanced recovery center (ERC) in Jacksonville FL. They did not respond to my letter but I did just notice through credit karma in the remarks section that it says it was disputed by consumer and it follows fcra requirements. How am I supposed to know this I never received a letter or anything from them? How am I supposed to know is this within the 7 year mark? What can I do now?

If you sent the debt collector a letter, they can say whatever they want. Dispute it with the credit bureaus if you want to dispute it. Then they will decide, not the debt collector. If you want to know how long it will remain on your credit reports, ask the credit bureaus. Also read the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) it is a good thing to know when dealing with debt collectors.