Question

kzahnle

False parking tickets destroying my credit score
I have been sent to collections for 2 parking tickets that i never received. I also didn't receive any notice of being late to pay the tickets. Three years from the time I supposedly got the tickets I received a letter from a collection agency. I called to ask them how to remove the false accusation they said I had to inform them by mail. I sent a formal letter to both them and the ticketing department. It is still affecting my credit report. What can I do? Please help.

Most Helpful Response

Have you checked all three credit reports for yourself?  Do you annually check your credit reports?  You should. mGo to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports.  Check them over very carefully and file disputes on all wrong information with the credit bureau reporting it. They have to investigate and either verify or delete the disputed items.

kzahnle

Thank you!