Question

RMARVIN1

Failed investigation

Investigation

Submitted dispute for account opened under my name, investigation completed and Credit Karma apparently didn't do a complete investigation. The account in question was not opened by me, but they let the account stay under my name even after their investigation. I don't trust the site to do a prudent investigation. Was offered option of another investigation , but what for? Is their's not thorough enough?

Thisis40

Credit Karma doesn't do ANY investigating, the credit reporting agency you filed the dispute with does. This website is simply a platform that allows you access to your info with other agencies, they're not responsible for handling anything directly. If the account was fraudulently opened, you need to file a police report on identity theft and will need to supply that with any future disputes. This site and the internet in general has many articles on how to begin dealing with identity theft. I would strongly suggest you read them, and follow their steps. Good luck.