Question

DeathByToast

Extra "Unmatched Credit Report Accounts" showing under my accounts
I have two AMEX cards listed as "Unmatched Credit Report Accounts" under the "My Accounts" section of this site. The kicker is that they were both opened in July of 1983...which is almost 10 years before I was born.

What should I do to fix this?

Unmatched Credit Report Accounts

I have two of my auto loans accounts on here, my summary shows double my balance because of this. I have one not being monitored under Unmatched Credit Report Accounts that I cannot delete. There is no X for removal. Please help

Most Helpful Response

Extra "Unmatched Credit Report Accounts"

I have found a way to delete the other account that has been duplicated. First, go to manage accounts under your user name. Second, if it shows up under, " Unmatched Credit Report Accounts", drag the other and dissconnect the other. Issue resolved!

You need to go to annualcreditreport.com and get at least one of your free credit reports. TransUnion would be the best starting place since that is where CK gets its data. Review your complete credit report and dispute any item found that you cannot identify as yours. The bureaus are obligated to remove any errors found that you can document as not your debt.

Unfortunately, some have found that a parent or other relative has an account in your name... Look on the report in the addresses section to see what other addresses may be there.