Question

ZTERR

Extending life of my credit history by being added to my wife's credit card?
My credit history only goes back 2 1/2 years. My wife's goes back 8 years. If I am added to her credit card with 8 years of history, would I then be considered to have 8 years of credit history as well?

Most Helpful Response

The quick and fast answer that you will enjoy hearing is "YES"   As long as the credit card or account you are being added to is 8 years old.   This is a cheat method to increase credit scores.  Its totally legal.   This is how 20 year olds show 12 years of credit history by being added to their parents cards.  Just adding you to one card will only adjust your average, although it will reflect your oldest account is 8 years old.   The more "aged' accounts she has that you are added to the better for your average age of accounts.   You only have to be added as an authorized user, not a co-applicant.   Its a painless process she can probably do online on each account.  Remember while do this that her Utilization becomes your Utilization.

Ahibz

Do you know how long it will take to raise a score using this method? I'm doing this right now and need to jump 50 pts asap