Question

Aerysta

Explain to me the best way to use a credit card?
I've never had a credit card (I'm 36) because the thought of going into debt to prove I can be trusted really irks me but apparently, you cannot adult properly without a crap ton of unnecessary debt. How does it work? Do you buy a little something and pay it off completely every month or do you just pay the minimum payment? I know that being on time is a huge deal so I got that down but I am confused about the aforementioned because I've heard both.

First thing you should be doing is learning how credit works and the articles on this site provide that much needed education.  I am much older than you and did not fully learn this until after signing up here and I am now making the most of my retirement income.  You do not need to be in debt, either.  Use cards wisely (10% of credit limit or less) and pay that off when the bill comes in or as quickly as possible. Since the purpose of Credit Karma is to teach about credit and building a good score and they provide informative articles plus interactive financial tools to help people learn, it would be wise to take advantage of this educational opportunity.  I'm glad I did!