Question

madatscore

Explain how dropping CC use from 29 to 18% makes score drop 90 points??? This site seems wrong!!

There must be more to the story then what is provided here.   To experience a 90 point drop would not be caused by lowering your overall utilization.   Look more closely at your credit lines.  Did one drop substantally which resulted in what you perceived as a drop to actually end up being a substantial increase?   Was this large payment late which caused a late payment to be reflected?   Was an item reported as either a public report and/or a collection reported?    The drop in your utilization should have caused a nice little bump in your credit score by a positive amount.

madatscore

Absolutely NOTHING is different for the past 11 months.  Score dropped when balances went lower on CC's.  Also, the simulator shows 100 point raise if I take balances UP to 29-35%!!!!      So tell me again how that junk is possible...  By the way,  also have 100% payment history on the 3 cards, no lates, no difference in credit lines...   am showing 18-22% usage, but 5 weeks ago with 31% use had score of 689...   now have score of 599.    EXPLAIN that junk to me please!!!!

madatscore

Since I did not get any other responses since I corrected your assumptions about dropping scores, I have to assume you get paid to respond to these questions since you obviously answer way too professional for a user looking to help someone.  Any REAL answers?????