Question

Leeneesay

Expiring Inquiries
I have 2 hard inquiries that will be expiring in a couple of months. I never applied for either one of them. I want to get them off my credit report ASAP because its obviously fraud. Should I just wait until the expiration date? Once the inquiries are removed are they gone forever? As if they were never on my credit?

Thanks.

Most Helpful Response

You can contact the companies that made the inquiries to try to get to the bottom of this. You can dispute the inquiries with the credit bureaus listing them, but may not have much success. Once they fall off your reports they are gone forever and they no longer affect your credit reports just as they were never there.