Question

tmarano77

exhusbands collection on my credit report
My ex-husband took over the Direct TV bill, it was transferred into his name. It is now in collections under MY SSN and HIS name. Direct TV, the collections agency, and he (of course) will not help. My score dropped 45 points in ONE day!!!! I haven't even seen a bill in over 15 months from Direct TV. What can I do?

Most Helpful Response

Write letters to Direct TV, the collectors and all three bureaus, tell them to remove the account because it is not yours.  Do you have anything proving they put it into his name only, like a recent bill?  If so, send that as well.