Question

QueenCersei315

Ex husband missed a mortgage payment w/my name still on the house
My ex husbands credit is too crappy for him to refinance to get my name off the mortgage. He just missed another mortgage payment and has once agin brought down my credit score. I have divorce paperwork stating I am relieved of any financial duties and am not financially obligated to anything concerning the house.Is there any way with this paperwork I have to get this off my credit score or am I stuck with this negative mark for 10yrs?

Most Helpful Response

Court Paperwork?

If it's a letter from the court saying you are not obligated, then you can file a dispute with the three agencies and send them a copy of the letter.

ALSO, make sure you send a copy to the motgage company.  They should remove your name from the debt and update the credit agencies accordingly with a court signed document.

QueenCersei315

Thank you!

We never went to court. It's in the lawyers paperworked that we agreed up and certified by the court. Would that be enough? Also, what 3 agencies do I dispute with? TransUnion, Equifax and?