Question

Mindfungus

Everything is off of my credit report except for student lns, how come my score did not go up?
So in the past couple of months, I have paid off everything on my credit report except for my student loans, and opened 1 credit card. Now how do I get my credit score to go up.

No Instant Jumps in Credit

Whatever your credit history has been in the past will be reflected in your credit score for a while.  It's good that you've paid off everything else.  Hope it was all on time, which is excellent.  The scores from your history will be remaining on record for several years, and that's due to Federal law under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. And it takes a little while for the info to get to the credit bureaus.  No such thing as a "quick fix" in credit.

Student loans are going to remain forever on your credit report until they are paid in full.  That's one of the "perks" that the student loan industry got when the latest bankruptcy act was passed, and that was that, unlike other financial obligations, student loans cannot be discharged in a bankruptcy.  They have to be paid on time and in the amount specified.  The payment history on them also will have an effect on your credit rating.