Question

95softail

Even after more than a year, CK still makes no sense
In one week my Transunion score goes UP 25 points. In the same week my Vantage score goes DOWN 12 points.

I bet no one here can explain that one to me. Why (or how) can I trust any site that gives me this much conflicting information?

Most Helpful Response

They use different models

First of all there are over 35 different credit scoring models and most that credit card companies use you don't have access to.  The Actual FICO score is probably the best score to have if you are concerned about scores.  Other than that I only check my CK score to see overall trend and check the report card.  The vantage score posted here is probably 2.0 and there are newer versions of the vantage score. 

Use CK to monitor your credit and treat the scores as entertainment, because no lender will use these scores to give you new credit.

I like CK and will continue to use them, however if I want to know my true (NON FAKO) score, then I go to myFico and pull them.  You get what you pay for.