Question

sekanstar

escrow go up 3 times ??
I bought my house in 2014 , at that time with the escrow the monthly pay is around 1280 a year , almost a year later I receive a check of 200 dollars and a letter say something about they overcharge my escrow so now it going down my payment after that go down to 1190 , but this month I receive another letter say they miraculously miscalculate my escrow once again and now I own over 2000 dollars in escrow and even if I pay that balance from now on my monthly payment still go up to 1350 and if I don't pay the escrow own then they would divide it to my next 12 months mortgage and my monthly bill would be over 1500 , I thought I suppose to have a fix rate and amount , how can they recalculate or miscalculate this every year ?? how an average working person like me all of a sudden can come up with 400 dollars more a month for the mortgage ??? can somebody please explain this to me ? are homeowner everywhere have to deal with this in a yearly basic ?

Escrow accounts not mortgage itself

Lender usually require borrower to pay certain expenses into Escrow each month. This usually includes local taxes, mortgage insurance premiums. Your fixed rate mortgage is still the same but they may have underestimated taxes or your taxes went up so at end of the year the money in escrow isn't enough to cover. Your mortgage is and interest payments do not go into escrow.