Question

chrave

Escrow Account.
Every year, my mortgage company sends me an increase in my escrow payment; therefore increasing my monthly mortgage payment. Is there any way that I can avoid paying into my escrow? I have my mortgage account in excellent standing from the past 10 years.

Realize that what your escrow is paying

You do understand what your escrow account pays for, Right?

Most escrow accounts cover the mortgage, Taxes and insurance. So even if your mortgage payment is a Fixed payment, Every year your taxes and insurance are re-accessed. Meaning that those dollar amounts are changing.  

Now if you want to stop paying into the escrow, you can start paying the taxes and insurance seperately. Contact your mortgage company about it. You will be responsible for the lump sum payments due each year in your tax bill and for your insurance payment.  You will probably want to open a savings account where you can put away a little each month so you have the money when the tax bill and insurance come due.  But wait, don't they call that an escrow account?