Question

smcfarrell

Error saying Im in Collections
I have 3 issues on my credit report saying that Im in collections but I have nothing in collections, one even says 0 balance in collections. I am in second year of bankruptcy and have nothing in collections but it shows up on credit report. This makes no sense. Please help.

The accounts listed in a bankruptcy will not disappear from your credit report because of the bankruptcy.  They are part of your credit history and will shoiw for a total of 7 years, though it will be noted on your credit reports that the account was included in bankruptcy, and the date.  The bankruptcy will, unfortunately, have a bad effect on your credit for ten years from the date it was filed.