Question

Greenleaflady

EQUIFAX won't correct my disputed information-my name!
I have filed dispute papers with Equifax and included every legal document I can think of with my legal name, maiden name, SSN, DOB, etc and they WILL NOT correct their mistakes. Other credit companies show my correct name and that I do have some credit. Equifax shows I have NONE. Where do I go from here, I am SO discouraged.

If after several attempts they will not correct it, it is time to speak with a consumer law attorney and discuss suing Equifax. Many attorneys will give free consultations and will not charge you anything out of pocket as they will get their money when the case is settled or won in court.