Question

IHateEquifax

Equifax will NOT remove
Why will Equifax NOT remove items from credit report/history?

I have 3 separate issues I have disputed MULTIPLE times with Equifax and they refuse to remove them. Every time the investigation favors the debt collector, even when I present proof otherwise.

Comcast - We had used Comcast for internet service yet their connection was terrible, going out for days at a time. When our 1 yr contract was up, we did NOT renew, we canceled. Comcast sent a contractor to pick up their box. Mind you I say contractor as he was driving his own truck with a magnetic sign that said licensed contractor for Comcast. 3 years later I find this on my credit report. Now I dispute this for that reason alone that I was never contacted by any collection agency, and every credit reporting agency except for Equifax removes it, and says after their investigation “It belongs to me”... Ok no problem, whatever, Ill just contact Comcast….. Speak to someone finally at Comcast and they are not only able to pull up my old account info, they are able to see that the box i was being charged for, wait for it...was actually already in use on a different account. Turns out the contractor did not sign the equipment in after picking it up from my address and had used it on a different install later…(Wonder how many people this has happened to) ok no problem info gets put into Comcast’s system, I get reference number eGo to dispute again, making sure I include reference number to Comcast…...Equifax still Said “I was responsible”....What???? Oh I get it they must have contacted the collection agency, of course THEY would say I was responsible they want $$$. Dispute again, and again, and again, To this date I have disputed this at least 6 times and still even with proof submitted, Equifax is still saying “Im responsible for a Comcast contractor not doing their job”
Capital one Auto - Years ago we had a car repossessed from Capital one auto, 7 years ago. My last payment to them was on Aug 15th of 2009, even though I was already behind in payments before that. The car was repossessed Dec 2009, yet my credit report shows my last payment of being March 2010…..Well that doesn't make sense seeing as how I would not make a payment on a car that had already being repoed. Yes I understand the car was auctioned off and the $$$ was placed on my account which left me responsible for the difference, but the law states for reporting purposes it is from the point in which you fell behind. I have contacted capital one and they agreed with me on when I fell behind, early 2009 they sent me documentation in agreeance as such. Now yet again, Transunion, equifax, etc all remove this from my report…Equifax , nope, “Im responsible” ….Well I didnt dispute responsibility of account I disputed the record keeping on dates….”Nope Im responsible” …...Ok Last week on the 15th of Aug marks 7 years from when Capital one auto ( the original creditor ) and I agree I feel behind in payments, everyone else agrees except Transunion…...Even after sending them documentation from capital one auto.
AT&T - There was a collection agency for this account that I had disputed the charges. Surprisingly ALL credit reporting agencies remove the charge INCLUDING Equifax….But, the account gets picked up by another collection agency, who not only reports it during the same time period that the other agency had possession of it ( There was literally a 1 week time frame ), they never contacted me, never, no letter stating “we have possession of this account, if you would like to dispute yadda yadda yadda” So naturally I dispute this, as it is a violation of the fair debt laws, the company ( Franklin collections ) has never once contacted me. So, Guess which agency is the only one to NOT remove this collection from my report, yup, Equifax … I have disputed this 3 times alone and the same response “Im responsible”

What am I to do in this situation? There is a 27 point spread between my 2 scores here alone on CreditKarma because of Equifax. I am trying to increase my score so we can buy our 1st house and using the VA home loan guarantee I have to have a 620 score from what I gather. When I started looking into and repairing my credit I was at a score in the low 400’s now most of my scores ( Minus Equifax ) are teetering around 610. I do not want to have to go into another rental lease when we could be purchasing a home, but Equifax is really pushing me under their thumb here.

Ive tried calling them, and it surprises me that in this day and age especially when Identity theft is such a big issue and concern, why does the customer support I contact that at that point has ALL my pertinent info that someone could use to illegally use my ID, why are they located OUTSIDE the country?

Im frustrated and I hate Equifax.

Most Helpful Response

File a complaint

I have not had the same problem with Equifax, but I have had success with other agencies when I reported complaints to the FTC and the Better Business Bureau.  I would try filing complaints with them explaining these issues in detail and showing your supporting documentation that the other agencies removed the accounts.

IHateEquifax

Enter Your Reply That is what I had to do to get it removed

but finally - gone

Thanks

Typo I meant Experian

* I have contacted capital one and they agreed with me on when I fell behind, early 2009 they sent me documentation in agreeance as such. Now yet again, Transunion, Experian, etc all remove this from my report…Equifax , nope, “Im responsible” ….Well I didnt dispute responsibility of account I disputed the record keeping on dates….”Nope Im responsible” …...Ok Last week on the 15th of Aug marks 7 years from when Capital one auto ( the original creditor ) and I agree I feel behind in payments, everyone else agrees except Equifax…...Even after sending them documentation from capital one auto.

I had typed this out twice , 1st getting timed out here...(Frustrated) secondly on Google drive then CCP....It looked better there was actually formatted anot looking like a run on paragraph...Sorry.