Question

UpsetinTampa

Equifax score from you Diff from Bank
I applied for a credit card from Sun Trust they sent me the card. However my credit score from them was 615 your score was 724. Why is there over 100 points difference. Bank said my interest rate would be higher because of my score. So is bank lowering my score to get higher interest rate? Tell me whose score is correct and why. Why would banks interest rate be so much lower.

Look at what score model are each scores based on. Or google credit score models. We have virtually 100s scores out there.

Apparently you have not read all the information on this site or you would have known that credit bureaus and banks have their own matrix for credit score calculation and that the scores here are calculated by the Vantage 3 method. The results here often are higher than those of other institutions.