Question

Breester31

Equifax score dropped 154 points from excellent to poor in 3 days. how could this happen?

Since we cannot see your information, we don't know.  Did you close any credit accounts?  That would do it because that is a bad move. Any garnishments, things in collections, bankruptcies?  Those are negatives that will drop a score. Read the articles on this site and review what was do[ne over that period and you should be able to discover what happened to drop your score.

Breester31

This happened in a few days time, as I get weekly reminder of my credit score. When i checked this morning my heart dropped. How on earth can my credit drop 154 points for no appearent reason?

- No accounts closed

- No bills have ever been in collections

- Never had a late payment

I honestly am a girlscout when it comes to these things and have pretty much had excellent credit for the past 3 years.

I tried to contact Equifax but they are closed on weekends. Hoping they can explain the dramatic drop.

Have you ever seen anything like this before?

Is it possible that there is a mistake here?