Question

sumac01

Equifax refuses to give my free credit report to me
Each year I request my free credit reports from the 3 companies (Trans Union and Experian send them), but EQUIFAX REFUSES TO DO SO. I get a variety of form letters telling me that I did not send the right information or complete information or that I am not in their files. Yet in back in July of 2010 they did send me a free credit report, and in the summer of 2012 they sent a credit score to a local bank. So I am obviously in their system. I have written letters, sent more and more information and yet can get nowhere with them. How can I proceed at this point to get my free credit report from Equifax? Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide. Sue Mc

Most Helpful Response

annualcreditreport.com is a government run site that allows you to get all three credit reports for free once per year. Try going through that site as opposed to mailing in your request. I have used this site each year for several years and have not had any problems pulling all 3 bureaus.