Question

SchetroneC

Equifax Online Dispute Does Not Recognize Me?
Equifax Online Dispute process timed me out when I was inputting information for a dispute. When I tried to go back into the system to do the dispute again its now saying the information I provided does not match their records. I had already got past the "identifying" part when I first did dispute but was unable to finish due to the time out. It now states that I need to fax my dispute and drivers license to the number provided. However I never was able to complete the dispute. What do I do? Thank you

Most Helpful Response

I guess that you may have to fax your identification to them, that is all that you would need to fax for now, you don't have a dispute currently if you did not finish it. A work around for this is to go to their site and try to get a subscription, they will usually find out who you are with little problem if you are willing to give them money for a subscription. Here is a couple of phone numbers for Equifax, double check them to make sure they are still for Equifax before you call, but I used them earlier in the year. Equifax phone number for members 1-800-829-4577 and their phone number for disputes is 1-866-481-8946