Question

palmergpalmer

Equifax is requesting my 10-digit confirmation number. How do I obtain it?
I am disputing a Tax Lien on my Equifax report. Step 1 is providing my 10 digit confirmation number. What is it and how do I obtain it?

Most Helpful Response

Still need help

I have the same problem. CreditKarma sends me to the equifax page to start a dispute. I confirmed with independent searches for starting a dispute with equifax as well. The FIRST STEP they require is to enter the 10 digit number with them. How the heck can we enter the number if we haven't started the dispute yet. Would make CKarma much better if they could help make this process easier with Equifax.

scguy2013

There should be a link at the bottom of the Equifax page that says I do not have my confirmation number, that has worked for me

scguy2013

oops that was for checkig status, when trying to dispute one, the number is not required. It does not have an asterik by it.

no 10 digit # via 3rd party reports

Im guessing you havent actually starterd the dispute process with Eqifax.  The reason I say this is that the 10 digit number you are referring to is a number printed on the actual report from Equifax or also issued when you create a dispute.  Consider it a confirmation number for your dispute so you can log back in to get an update of the disputed issue you have already began. 

Currently there are NO third party credit reports that show this number.  Which is why Equifax is asking for it.  So when you log to Equifax and start the process of a dispute you will need to have the actual report from Equifax or click "dont have this number" to start the process without the number and use personal information related to your credit history instead.

So you can also order a report (1 free per year directly from Equifax), and use the number printed on that report to begin your dispute with Equifax.

the 10 digit number is called a report or confirmation number. The simpliest way to obtain one for free is to log onto www.annualcreditreport.com. By law this site and only tis site will give you all 3 reports free once a year. Copy the 10 digit number as you will need it. Each time you initiate a dispute the number will update so keep up with the changes for future disputes.

micheal336

Is this the stupidest thing? I click "Get Started" to open a dispute aan its asking me for a confirmation number that I dont have yet. Heres the description on the form.

it is the 10-digit confirmation number found on the copy of your Equifax Credit File, or the 10-digit confirmation number provided to you when you created your dispute online. 

This is my first step to create my dispute online so how could I have a confirmation number already? Am I missing something?

scguy2013

The confirmation number is not required. It does not have an asterik by it

Equifax need to get it better

I think Equifax make it so hard to file a dispute. It use to be so easy but now they ask for all and such which it make it so difficult to file. I hope they make a change. 

EQUIFAX a joke

I still don't get how we can make a dispute. 

theres been an identity theft on my account and it's says there two deragatory marks on it. How the hell can I say it's not me if I can't file a dispute. Honestly should be one two thre 

reply to answer

i need the same number n theres no Start this process without or dont have this number option, 

equifax asks for account number or case

equifax asks for account number or case number when you're trying to file a dispute.

where do you get this number

yr anwr

form

Before you can get started, we'll need to find your Equifax Credit File.  To help us locate your file, you will need to provide the following information.

*Indicates a mandatory field

10-Digit Confirmation Number

What is this?

*First Name

*Last Name

Initial

Suffix          Jr     Sr     I     II     III     IV     V     VI     VII     VIII     IX   

*Social Security Number

-

-

*Date of Birth

Month     JAN     FEB     MAR     APR     MAY     JUN     JUL     AUG     SEP     OCT     NOV     DEC   

/
     Day     01     02     03     04     05     06     07     08     09     10     11     12     13     14     15     16     17     18     19     20     21     22     23     24     25     26     27     28     29     30     31   

/

*Current Address

*City

*State

AA     AE     AL     AK     AP     AR     AS     AZ     CA     CO     CT     DC     DE     FL     FM     GA     GU     HI     IA     ID     IL     IN     KS     KY     LA     MA     MD     ME     MH     MI     MN     MO     MP     MS     MT     NC     ND     NE     NH     NJ     NM     NV     NY     OH     OK     OR     PA     PR     PW     RI     SC     SD     TN     TX     UT     VA     VI     VT     WA     WI     WV     WY   

*Zip Code

Have you lived at your current 
address for more than 2 years?

Yes   No 

*Email

*Confirmation Email

Show only last 4 digits of my SSN

*    To continue, click to agree to Online Delivery of Results

# is not required

THIS NUMBER IS NOT REQUIRED TO FILE A DISPUTE