Question

goodolebet

Equifax illegal lock on my credit info
Equifax has 'locked up' my credit information from ANY inquiry. I subscribed to it a few years back and it locked it down when I unsubscribed. I went back and even resubscribed, trying to unsecure it but when I unsubscribed it, they locked it back DOWN. No one can do an inquiry when I hook up utilities, etc. Isn't this illegal ????

Most Helpful Response

I have never heard of this happening unless you had your credit frozen or you filed an ID theft claim.  You probably need to call Equifax customer service and ask them why it is locked.  Also, go to www.annualcreditreport.com and see if you are able to pull your Equifax report (if you haven't already).  

Equifax junk

no thanks, I get my report from creditkarma because they do not pester me about buying a product as Equifax does.  You may trust those folks but I have learned that there is no reason to trust a company with all of your information when they have a product that they are trying to 'push'....   I will go to other authorities outside of Equifax because I have already made all of the very long phone calls trying to get to someone who knows English and understands how their system works.  At Equifax, I get nothing but sales people.  thanks for your info....

Hi goodolebet,

I'm glad to hear you enjoy using Credit Karma! You're right that our site is always free. However, we can't provide all of the same services as a credit bureau, such as freezing and unfreezing reports. You might need to work directly with a credit bureau to resolve this issue.