Question

banksy08

equifax idenity verrification is incorret
so a 3rd party company use equifaz to verify identity. I don not have a mortgage, or anything on my credit report that says i do but equifax continues to ask me who my mortgage is through for a verification question. I have contacted equifax about it and they will not talk to me or allow me to file a dispute because they cannot verify my identity..... there is nothing about a mortgage on my reports and all the information is correct, but now i feel like someone has gotten into my identity. Any idea on how to handle this situation?

Hi banksy08,

This is a pretty standard way to verify identity. Often, questions that are misleading are asked. A possible answer should always be "none of the above", and this can be the correct answer if the question doesn't apply to you. 

If you are unable to verify your identity online, you'll need to provide proof of identity to Equifax by alternate means. Once you've done so, you can get a copy of your credit report and dispute any inaccurate information.

Hope that helps!