Question

1Blackbird

Equifax FICO score compared to credit karmas Equifax score?
I applied for a discover card and was told my FICO score was a 663 the source was Equifax. And my credit karma score for Equifax is 713? Whats the real score?

Most lenders use a version of FICO scores. There are many different scoring models out there so always READ the details about any score you get from anywhere. The scores given here are VANTAGE scores.

laborraine

I would go with FICO scores from Equifax as Credit Karma is not used by any lenders to verify the credit report.    Lenders are paying a fee to one of the credit bureaus to obtain your credit report. I paid Equifax to get my info from all 3 credit bureaus and to my surprise the scores are "higher" on Equifax than Credit Karma.  Also the Equifax info hasn't been updated on Credit Karma since September 15 on my page.  I've asked Credit Karma the question TWICE and haven't received an answer from anyone.  Credit Karma is nice to have a general idea of where you stand but the info is not correct.  Example:  my score on Transunion is 675 on CK and 713 on the report I paid for from the Credit bureaus.  The number of accounts is also incorrect 27 on CK and 11 from the paid report.  I don't understand the reason CK uses the Vantage score when everybody else uses FICO. If you are going to provide a service, a FREE (?) service, do it right.