Question

drewcredit1

Equifax cannot find my information. Faxing them isn't helping.
I'm trying to get a loan, and every credit agency is able to provide my credit except for Equifax. They do not have my information, and are telling lenders that I have a freeze on my account.

Their solution is to have me fax them SNN and Drivers license. I've done this 3 times, each time waiting 48 hours. Each time I call to inquire, they claim they haven't received the documents.

At that point I re-confirm the fax number and send them again (hence the 3 times).

Right now I have no idea what to do. Is anyone familiar with anything like this? I feel like there is no recourse. I'd really like to resolve this issue so I can have a full credit profile.

In my opinion, Equifax is the most difficult credit bureau to deal with. They are very unprofessional and make many mistakes. The only thing that I can advise you is to try to PURCHASE a credit subscription from their website, it seems when you are ready to hand them money, they will get to work on finding out who you are and your info. Beyond that about the only thing you could do is to consult with a consumer law attorney and explain to them what is going on and they may be able to do something on your behalf to get the ball rolling or there may even be a case of wrongdoing where you could sue Equifax.

drewcredit1

Are there any institutions that help with this similar to CFPB? I'm not sure how one gets other agencies involved.