Question

Blitz69

Equafax dropped my score by 42 points
because a bill dropped off and now I was going to buy my first house this week and this drop will put me below the 580 I needed. What can I do??

Equifax alone would not be the concern.  Your mortgage broker would pull all three bureau reports and the decison woud be whats in all of them although the score will be the middle score.  Although, it will only be time before the others follow suit once an account has dropped off.   In reality, only time will help you increase your score based on how you were managing your credit.  Acquiring another loan or account would further lower your score another 10-20 points, you may have to postpone that dream house for another year or two.  Discuss with your mortgage broker on what you need to do.