Question

RandallVA

Employer changed their name
My employer changed their name and it affected my credit score because it looks like I changed jobs. How can I fix this?

Nope, 

Employer Name changes has no affect on Any Credit Score,  

Something else changed in your Credit Report. 

My company has been sold three times, and chagned its name twice, none of which affected the credit score.  This is only viewed by potential creditors for length of employment.   While this is personal information on the report, it is only updated when you apply for credit.  Its probably most useful to potential collection firms as a means to locate you.  I once applied for credit and listed my length of employment.  As it didn't match my profile, they asked for support from the company.  My employee profile showing my seniority date was sufficient for their concern to go away.