Question

Posted in Banking

jinglebat

email from bank I dont have
I just got an email from a bank I don't have an account at, asking me to verify my account. Of course I didn't click on anything but what I;m wondering is: Is this a phishing scam or did someone use my info to open an account and I got an email?
Should I bother to call the bank or am I overreacting?

Any time you don't recognize anyone asking for sensitive information, don't respond and just delete.  In fact, I do not answer phone calls I don't recognize and will quickly delete e-mails from anyone other than friends or businesses I deal with.

likely a phishing scam.. if someone opened an account in your name they are prob not going to be nice enough to use your real email address so you find out..