Question

ddavis129

Eliminate Debt Offers, are any of these companies/offers worth looking into?
Has anyone had any success with debt consolidation companies? I keep getting offers in the mail and online. They are very tempting but seem to good to be true.

YOU ARE SMART TO BE WARY!!!

I've seen reports about these companies before and the general information is they promote actions by the debtor that could be considered fraudulent, they charge money to do the "repair" and often are late with the payments so the debtor's credit score gets hurt even worse.

I can recommend (if they are located near you) Consumer Credit Counseling Service, which is a non-profit organization that does help with payment plans and developing workable budge

I will tell you (hard experience speaking here) avoid bankruptcy unless it is the only option available.  It really hurts your credit the most.

ddavis129

Thanks, I'll find a Consumer Credit Counseling Service Office.