Question

CK92

Effect of reporting rent on credit score?
I recently started paying my rent online. The service (RentPayment.com) has an option to report this to Transunion, and I agreed to this after reading somewhere that it doesn't affect my score, but could help with specific cases where a history of on-time rent payments is beneficial.

This month I noticed my credit score from Transunion decreased on creditkarma, about 2 months after I started using online payment rental service. In the details, it shows that the number of accounts have increased. A new account has been added under the category (other / rental agreement). As a result, it increased the number of my open account and reduced the average age of credit history since it counts this account as being open for 2 month only.

Does anyone have a similar experience? Do you think I should stop reporting the rental to Transunion?

In general, the more accounts you have reporting the better. I don't know what the rest of your credit profile is like, so I cannot really advise you on what to do, but for now I would leave it on there until you have done some further reading. Check your FICO scores from time to time, they are the important scores.