Question

fmartenies2

Effect of a Public Record Dropping Off?
I have a public record (judgement for consumer credit) 6 1/2 years ago that I promptly made the required payments per the judgement and it was paid in full w/in 6 months. This June will mark 7 years since the judgmenet so I am assuming it will drop off. The Score Simulator only give an option for adding a public record, not dropping one...does anyone know what the effect would be?

To put things in better context, I currently have a 691 credit score, close to $10k open cards with a $0 balance, 2 late payments on record and over 99% on time, 1 car loan w/$10k balance, 1 car loan w/$2k balance, and a student loan w/$27k balance.

I don't game or micromanage my credit score on a daily basis, so I don't really care about the effects of carrying a small credit card balance, etc. I'm just curious what the lift would be from this judgement dropping off.

in close to the same boat

I would really like this question answered if possible I came here looking for that answer . How can something that so dramically decreases score not have an option to remove in the simulator of this site ?