Question

spaceman24

EARLIEST INQUIRY AFTER LOAN APPROVAL
I recently got approved for a $5,000 loan to pay off three credit card accounts. Does anyone know the earliest time I can apply for a new credit card?

Most Helpful Response

Take your time and build slowly. Wait 6 months to a year before applying for another card after you just receive a loan. Your score will go up and you are already building good payment history if you focus on paying off this loan first. Good luck my friend.

spaceman24

Thank you for your help! Regarding my credit card utilization, will that percentage be lowered because the loan payed off those debts?