Question

mike9260

due to me being on disabilty the student loan so be dismiss why is it still on my credit report
i have been on disabilty for 3 1/2 years now the student loan office has dimiss my loan why is it still on my credit report

Most Helpful Response

Same problem.  Student loans were dismissed in 2011.  The loan companies have flat out refused to update the old loans.  On one credit report, they have listed the loan as still active, though the loan was refinanced and transferred 7 years ago.  I have filed numerous disputes and complaints along with documentation.  The credit reporting companies nor the loan companies will correct this problem.  They are clearly in violation of the seven year federal statute. How does one fight this?