Question

LuciousSC

Dropped 82 points!
Last week my credit score here was 733 with 5% utilization. A Kohls card with 400 limit was added on today with absolutely no other changes to my report and my score dropped 82 points to 651. What in the world happened and what do I do to fix this. My credit report account is very new as well.

Most Helpful Response

I would do nothing but wait. 82 points is a little steep but maybe it's because you have a thin credit file. In time after using the card (No more than 20%-30% of the total credit line.) and paing it off every month you should se your credit to start improving again. Also as time goes on (1 year) the hard inquiry on your credit report will have less impact to your score. The hard inquiry will stay on your credit report for two years so be careful on applying for too much credit. When I started my credit was a 543 now it's up over 700 so hang in there and good luck.