Question

ukhsefe

Drop In Credit Score Without Justification
Credit Score just dropped -46 (TU) and -34 (EQ). The odd thing is, the only changes this week is that I paid the $1462 balance on my chase card. I do have two credit cards under dispute, as the balance update has been taking unusually long to update (Capital One). Could this be causing my sudden drop? Everything else is positive, Utilization = 15%/23%, Payment History = 99.6%/99.5%, Derogatory Marks = 0... I just don't get it.

Can anyone explain this?

"Payment History = 99.6%/99.5%"   So you have missed payments in your past.   That is a BIG Ding.  
"Utilization = 15%/23%"  You need to get these down to 0 do very close to it. Pay You Credit Cards Off Each Month. 

Paying down a credit card is a great way to improve scores. The Vantage scoring system is a difficult system. Read the forums, you will find many complaints and a lot of confusion. I do not follow the Vantage scores, I worry about FICO scores, you should follow them if you are concerned about your credit. FICO is used by most lenders and is much easier to keep track of. You are making a HUGE MISTAKE disputing accounts due to a delay in balance updates, they are not required to report your account to the credit bureaus, they can simply delete your account from the credit bureaus if they wish. Hopefully that won't happen this time, but you are creating issues for your lender when you do this and that costs them money. Be patient when waiting for a balance update, it can easily take a month for balances to be updated. If the time extends beyond that, it would be best to contact your lender first and kindly ask them if they could update your info on your credit reports.