Question

Prshus1

Drop in credit score.
My score dropped 70 points in a week. Only change is that a new credit card was reported with a $18 balance & another card that had a zero balance reported a $19 balance. I see no other changes. Would these two things make that much of a difference?

Multiple things would affect it

Not sure why there is a 70 point drop, but it could happen if:

You had an old account from a long time and now recently opened a new account. This new acct is being reported for the first time.

This will cause a) your average credit history to drop big time (say you had 5 year avg history with the old acct and now it will be much less). and b) The additional enquiry that happened while opening that new acct.  Lastly, now you have 2 accts reporting balances intead of none (I guess) before. all of it is taken into acct. However, 70 points is a big drop.

Prshus1

Yeah I was thinking 70 points was an awful lot.  One account is a couple years old that recently had a zero balance & the other is a new account. Also, a lot of my balances increased as well.