Question

blueskyth

double billing by verizon
early in 2012 I ordered a new phone from Verizon. then upon a new girlfriends advice I switched to her carrier and never armed or used the Verizon phone. about three maybe four months later I returned the phone, box and all paper to the Verizon store on sr 50 here in Brooksville florida, where a cute blonde said she would take care of everything. now two years later verizon is trashing my credit over something I never did. I dare them to present a bill for service or show one itemized list of calls. isn't this fraud by deception? or double billing because I bet if you track the serial number of the phone in question, it was sold to someone else at a later date. screw u Verizon!

I would think your first route would be to contact Verizon. If they cooperate in investing and then find you in fact don't own that charge, then great. If not, then dispute it with the Credit Reporting Agencies. They are required by law to investigate and contact the creditor, and must remove anything on your credit score that is fraudulent, lacking evidence or inaccurate. Verizon has to prove that you in fact owe Verizon that debt, which can include your payment history with them (or lackthereof, in this case).