Question

c3daddyo

Don't understand why Secured Cards vs Unsecured
I want to rebuild my credit. But using a Secured Card is using my own money. Not understand how, using my own money, build my credit? Wouldn't it be better to use a Unsecured Card to build credit?

Secured cards are typically suggested for consumers who may not be approved for an unsecured card. They do build credit, and are less risky from the bank's perspective. You can read more here: https://www.creditkarma.com/article/secured_credit_cards_to_rebuild_credit

Yes, an unsecured card does make more sense, but folks with poor credit ratings don't qualify for an unsecured card.  That is why they have to get a secured card and put the money up front in order to build up their credit score, so they can eventually qualify for an unsecured card.