Question

Hthompson2500

don't get how on 1 report my stu. loan accts are open and don't exist on other (equifax)
I went to Everest College for medical assisting classes. I got private personal loans from a privately-funded Sallie Mae and then in return got completely screwed and didn't even end up getting a job out of it even though I had a 4.0 GPA through the entire course. What I'm trying to figure out is why in my TransUnion report are those accounts still open and waiting for payment and on my Equifax report it says those accounts are closed and not waiting for payment anymore. I thought there was also a big ol thing to wear the government closed that school down because of the horrible financial situation it puts all its students in with those terrible student loans it offers and encourages. I don't know what to do please help me

Not everyone reports to all three credit bureaus.  Most report to only one.  I adviseq reading the articles here so you can learn how credit really works. That is what Credit Karma is for.

It sounds like the lender updated Equifax but not Transunion. Keep in mind that the credit bureaus don't share info on you or make changes according to what the other bureaus do. When are these due to fall off your reports due to the 7 year reporting time? If they are due to fall off sometime soon, within a year or two, you might just want to ignore them, but if they will be on your reports for some time to come it would be best to do some research on how you might be able to get them removed. If the government was involved on the practices of this school and loan, find out what happened, there may be something to help you that the government is enforcing. The other thing you need to look at is when the last time these accounts updated on your credit reports, look for "Last Reported". If they haven't updated for a while, tampering with them will cause them to update if you don't get them removed and updates on negative accounts cause short-term damage. Something to consider may be disputing them, maybe they don't have their paperwork in order and they would get removed, but if not removed, then you get dinged. Look up the time frame that you can be sued for these debts as well. That would be the "statute of limitations" in your state for this type of debt. If it has not yet expired you might want to leave it all alone, you don't want to bring attention to yourself if you can still be sued for the debt. Speaking of lawsuits, have you researched to see if there are lawsuits against this school, this info may be helpful to you as well. Sorry I don't have a clear answer for you, but I would research in those directions and you might find something to help your situation.