Question

grkg1970

Don't Believe Credit Karma Scores!
Decided to try the paid credit from Equifax and was shocked to view my TRUE credit cores were 50 points lower than what credit Karma stated. So I did some research and found that they inflate your credit score to make you believe your scores are better than they really are then they send you credit cards invites via mail and show you credit you have a chance at getting with their inflated false scores. This will only hurt you because you will not only get an inquiry on your file but also a decline. If you want the truth about your credit go to Equifax and sign up for 1 week free trial and then print it and cancel it before the week trial ends so you will not have to pay the 19.99. Credit Karma is tricking us to apply for stuff they have interest in. I have posted this all over facebook,twitter,and other cosial media and 45 people have told me I was 100% correct,just got another twitter notification someone found out the truth.

Most Helpful Response

Credit Karma Lies

Credit karma is scoring me almost 100 points below my true credit score! I was stressing over absolutely nothing and I am trying to contact credit karma to file a complaint.

Don't waste your time! They are not giving you an accurate score!

The "truth" was always there right next to your credit scores, in which it stated the scores provided here are calculated using VantageScore models. We have 100s credit scores out there, FICO alone has 58 different scores so far, probably more are available to lenders. Some lenders also have their own internal risk/performance scores. Do you know which score model you paid from Equifax? if it's not FICO scores? Then it's just about irrelevant as scores from Credit Karma. Bottom line, when comes to credit scores, always find out what scoring model is it from and if its the one your lenders/creditors uses for their credit decisions.

It goes both ways

The scores are inacurate but do contain some relivant information, you do what it says and you will fix your credit, and it's free. My friend just bought a car and his actual credit was a little over 200 points higher at 765 over mid five-hundreds that Credit Karma showed. It goes both ways.

Its Off

Credit Karma is at least 50 points off. Says im 705 just bought a $60,000 truck my real score was 765. Dont trust CK just an add place to sell you stuff.

way off

ck has my score at 555 when really my score is 694 this is crazzzzyyyyy! i'd advie only to use this as a tool to dispute discrepencies that is all. these scores are not real and will have you stressed out!!!!

CK deflates the score so that they can scare you into paying for their other services

Credit Karma scores aren't inflated; they're calculated using a different scale. Most creditors out there will use FICO, and Credit Karma uses Vantage. You know how most people talk about the temperature in terms of Fahrenheit? Well, if somebody was giving a weather report in degrees Celsius and said "It's freezing outside--zero degrees!" they aren't exaggerating--they are giving accurate information in a format most people aren't accustomed to. Same thing here. 

Not Right

This was false.  Even up to my credit card amounts on one was way off.  The score on CK was 100 points lower than what my personal loaner own said EQuifax was.  I was stressing over my score and didn't need to.