Question

kbee62

don't be a sucker!
Next time your at a major dept. store and make a major purchase and the sales clerk tells you that if you open a new account you get a 10% discount don't bite the hook. What they don't tell you is that you will be stuck with a credit check for 25 months and a newly open account with a low credit limit that does not help you a bit. Even when I closed these these accounts I am still stuck with the negative effect to my score. If anyone can relate, I would love to learn how to shake these puny accounts off my credit back

I agree

Don't open credit accounts for a discount, 

BUT  closing them isn't good either.  If you decide you don't want to use them, Cut up the card and don't use the account.  But closing them will actually hurt your score.  Specially if you open it then close it right away...  Puts a big Red Flag on your credit file. making it harder to qualify later on.  It costs creditors money to open an account.  They lose that when you close the account.  Other creditors see that and makes them hesitant to open new accounts.