Question

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Done all i can. Why isnt my credit going up?
I've done everything i've read to improve my credit. Ive got two credit cards that are paid off but i still use them and pay them off every month. I was told to get different credit so i card a RC Willey card and a signature loan. RC willey card has been used and paid off and im current on the signature loan. My Credit went up 15 points when i did all this but it has stayed the same for the last 3 months. What can i do to get it to go up again? Shouldnt it just keep going up or do i have to keep getting cards in order for it to do something? what else can i do?

Have you read the articles here?

My credit score hasn't raised much in the past year or longer but it is higher than when I started.  Sometimes it just takes time for the negative marks to drop off before things change. 

Please read the articles, annually monitor your credit reports and use the financial tools here to learn more.  The purpose of Credit Karma is to teach people how to use credit and how it works...knowledge that isn't taught in school, unfortunately.

Do you have missed payments? I had 4 student loan accounts go into default, so now my % Payment is really low even though I've been paying on time for a year. I think the effect of timely payments on your score go in tiers (ex: 100% is best, then 90%, then 70%, then 50%, etc), so over 3 months your Payment % may not have increased enough to get to the next tier.

I'm sitting on a lowly 43% timely payment now, but I got 4 CCs that I'm paying in full every month now, so I'll be up to 60% in the next 6 months, and 70% in a year. Then once the bad marks drop in a couple of years I should have solid history.

If you only have 2 cards, but a bunch of bad history, it'll take you longer to bring up your % payments. Give it time.