Question

ursunshyne19

does your credit score drop from closing a credit card that's only 6 months old?
During the Holiday season I opened two store credit cards just so I can use the store's discounts for opening a new card. I don't plan on ever using the the cards again. I've already paid off both of the balances. I'm just wondering will it hurt my credit score to cancel these brand new cards or should I just leave them open?

It does drop.

Why?? Because you are reducing your total available credit by whatever credit limit you have on that credit card.  Just leave them as is and lock them in a secure area.  The store may eventually close them due to inactivity, but it could take a few years.  In the meantime, your credit score remains good.