Question

Brittany111405

Does the removed accounts mean they are resolved?
I have several accounts in removed collections. Does this mean I no longer owe them money? I know they will be on my account for a while. I was just wondering.

Most Helpful Response

Removed means just that, removed. That means that they no longer appear on your credit reports at least according to Credit Karma. If you have any doubt get your credit reports elsewhere and double check. "Removed Collections" is just a Credit Karma thing, there is no "removed collections" area on your actual credit reports. You still may owe money even if they are not on your reports, but legally they can only collect as long as the STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS allows them to in your state. Do a google search to find out the SOL to be sued for debt in your state. Be very wary dealing with debt collectors, always do extensive reading and ask questions about how to deal with them before you ever communicate with them.