Question

AC0289

Does the charge off date change on your credit report?
On my experian report, I have an account that was sent to collections in July of 2008. I checked my report at the end of 2014 and it said it was charged off in the middle of 2014 that is should fall off of the account in Sept 2017. I just checked my Experian report again, and now it saws it was charged off in March of 2015. Is the date supposed to change or should I dispute it?

The date is not supposed to change. The March 15 may have just been the last time that the account updated. If you are confused call Experian and ask them when the account is slated for removal, because if you dispute it, it will update again and if it has not updated in a while then it will hurt your scores when it updates. My guess would be that the last time it updated was March 15 and that is why you are seeing that date.

AC0289

Thank you @Tryingtounderstand , it says charge off date on both reports. I'm hoping it's just the date it has been updated. I just ordered my scores from MyFico.com and it states "Account Status: Open" and doesn't even state the charge off on there. I am going to call experian and find out when it's due to be removed from my report and the charge off status. I still have the collections letter stating the date of deliquency as mid 2008. I appreciate your response!