Question

FishiesRCute

Does the amount of medical collection accounts matter, or is it the same with 2 accounts vs 6?
I have some small medical collections account that were sent to collections without my knowledge (I am not in the habit of not paying my bills, the hospital billing system actually assigned an account number to my accounts that was one digit too short so my accounts could not be found when calling in to make payments) and while I am currently disputing these with the credit unions it does make me wonder, do the amount of collections accounts matter? After disputing these accounts with the hospital and the collection agency (both refused to remove accounts) for a year I finally just paid them off and I am now disputing them through the credit unions. If they refuse to remove them all as well is it better if I can get at least 4 out of 6 removed or is it one of those things were having 1 lowers your score significantly while each subsequent account just drops it a little bit?

Write a dispute letter to the credit bureaus that are posting the collections. If it is inaccurate, then the items will be removed. If they are correct, then you should try to negotiate a pay for delete agreement, hopefully they will work with you after you called disputing the charges... Good luck my friend...